The Delicious Chana Fry
The Delicious Chana Fry:
Carrots – 2 cups Diced
Chana dal – 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup (fresh/frozen)
Green Chillies – 3
Red chillies – 2
Garlic – 6 cloves
Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
Urad dal – 2 tsp
Zeera – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Oil – 1 tbsp
* Pressure cook Chana dal with just enough water until its tender but not mushy. Drain if any water.
* Cook diced carrots in microwave until they are tender.
* Heat oil and do the seasoning with the above mentioned ingredients like mustard, zeera, urad dal, red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves and garlic.
* Add the carrots and salt and saute them for 1 min.
* Now add the chana dal and fry another min.
* Now finally add grated coconut and fry until the aroma comes from it, like 1 more min.
Thats it! Simple and delicious, colorful and healthful Carrot dish is ready to serve. You can do this dish with either Chana dal or Carrots or both.
Hey, if you end up with more drained water from chana dal, don’t worry, you can make Senaga kattu ( like dal rasam).
Preserve the above water in a dish. To this you can add water if its too thick for a rasam consistency. Boil it if you add extra water. Add salt and season with zeera, red and green chillies, curry leaves and garlic. You can serve this with white rice. This really tastes awesome with nice flavor of garlic.