Preparation Of Stuffed Acorn Squash
Preparation Of Stuffed Acorn Squash:
* Cut squash in half from stem to point and remove seeds and strings. (To make this easier, pierce squash with a knife or fork and microwave a minute or two.)
* Place cut side down on lightly greased baking sheet with sides. Bake at 350F until almost soft but not mushy, 20 – 30 minutes.
* Remove from oven, fill with the following stuffing and bake again for 5 more min.
* Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of squash.
* Let it stand for 2 min and serve hot!
Onion – 1 med sized(chopped)
Carrots – 1/2 cup (chopped)
Celery or cucumber – 1/4 cup (chopped)
Mushrooms – 1/4 cup (thinly sliced)
Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
Seasoned bread crumbs – 1 cup
Eggs – 1 1/2 (2 whites & 1 yolk)
Crushed pepper – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Preparation of Stuffed Acorn Squash:
1. In large fry pan saute onion, garlic and mushrooms until soft.
2. Add carrots and celery or cucumber and saute again and cook with lid ON on medium heat.
3. When these are done add salt and crushed pepper.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of water and allow to boil.
5. Then add bread crumbs and cover with lid for 2 min.
6. Remove the lid and add the beaten eggs and scramble it. These eggs act as a binding agent for the stuffing mixture.
7. When this is done, stuff this warm mixture in cooked squash.