Kadai Cauliflower Recipe
Kadai Cauliflower Recipe:
Cauliflower: 2 cups (cut into florets)
Capsicum: 1 large cubed (I used yellow bell pepper)
Cumin: 1 tsp
Onion: 2 medium cubed
Green chilly: 3 slit
Ginger garlic paste: 1 heaped tsp
Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1.5 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Tomato Paste: 1 tbsp
Tomato Sauce: 1/2 tbsp
Tomato: 1 medium quartered
Yoghurt: 1 tbsp
Salt and oil: as required
* Wash the cauliflower, pour 4 cups of very hot water and a tbsp of salt onto it and keep it covered for 15 minutes
* In a Kadai, heat oil and saute the drained cauliflower for 3 minutes.
* Now add the cubed capsicum to the half cooked cauliflower and let it get cooked (don’t overdo it..). And Keep this aside.
* In the same Kadai, heat oil and add the cumin, onions, ginger garlic paste and green chilly.
* Saute till wilted and add the turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilly powder. Saute for a minute and then add the yoghurt.
* Mix everything properly and add the tomato paste and tomato sauce and saute again for half a minute.
* Now add the quartered tomatoes and required salt and let the tomatoes cook a lil bit (not too much, coz we need the tomato to remain in quarters and not mashed up)
* Add the cauliflower and capsicum and mix everything properly.
* Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Rotis.