Pavakka Thoran Recipe
Pavakka Thoran Recipe:
Bitter Gourd: 1
Coconut grated: 1/2 cup
Green Chillies chopped: 3
Onion: 1 medium chopped
Turmeric Powder: a pinch
Curry leaves: a sprig
Mustard: 1/2 tsp
Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
Salt: as required
* Finely chop the bitter gourd like in the picture. (somewhere in between chopping and grating)
* In a kadai, heat oil, splutter mustard.
* Throw in the onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
* Saute for 2 minutes on low flame and then add the finely chopped bitter gourd, coconut, turmeric powder and salt.
* Mix everything properly, sprinkle water and cook on low flame with the lid on.
* After a few minutes, stir again and cook closed till done.
* Serve with rice.