How To Make Onion Chutney
How To Make Onion Chutney:
½ Cup Coconut
1 Big Onion, Chopped finely
8 Dry Red Chilies, Broken
1tbsp Urad Dal / Black Gram Split
A pinch of Jaggery
For the Seasoning:
½ tsp Mustard Seeds
A pinch of Turmeric Powder
Few Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
* Heat Oil and fry Urad dal until they turn pink, add Red Chilies and fry for few seconds.
* Next add Onion and fry until they turn translucent, add Tamarind, Coconut, Jaggery, Salt and mix well. Switch off the stove. Let it cool.
* Grind to a paste adding water.
* Heat Oil and add Mustard Seeds, and when they splutter add Turmeric Powder and Curry Leaves.
* Pour this over the chutney and mix well.
* Serve with plain Rice, Idli or Dosa.