Indian Cauliflower Curry Recipe
Indian Cauliflower Curry Recipe:
About 500 gms Cauliflower, broken into florets ( I used 550 gms to be precise)
2-3 medium tomatoes,chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
Pinch of asafoetida
1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder – to taste (optional)
A large pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Few curry leaves (optional) and cilantro to garnish
* Make sure to break the cauliflower into small florets – it helps to cook faster. Wash and clean them well.
* In a skillet, add 1 tsp oil. Add the cumin seeds. make sure they don’t burn – as soon as they become aromatic, add the spices, tomatoes along with salt. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
* Now add the florets and give it a good toss.
* Close the lid, lower the heat to low-medium and let it cook for about 8-10 minutes
* or until the cauliflower is soft.
* Add the cilantro and curry leaves (if using)
* Serve Hot.