Apple Pie Recipe
Apple Pie Recipe:
1 double crust unbaked pastry shell
7 medium cooking apples
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter
1. Place one crust in bottom of 9 inch glass pie plate.
2. Trim, prick crust, and set aside. Reserve second crust. Pare, core, and slice apples (should make about 6 cups). Put apples in large bowl.
3. Add sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
4. Pour apple mixture into unbaked shell. Fit remaining crust over apples. Seal and flute edges;
5. cut slits in top crust. Cook on HI for 10 minutes, or until apples are fork tender. While pie is cooking, preheat conventional oven to 450?F.
6. When apples are tender, bake pie in conventional oven for 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
7. Serve warm or cold.