Chocolate Doughnut Recipe
Chocolate Doughnut Recipe:
1 package dry yeast
2 tablespoons warm water (105° to 115°)
3/4 cup warm milk (105° to 115°)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups bread flour, divided Vegetable oil Chocolate glaze
* Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
* Add next 5 ingredients and 1 cup flour; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
* Stir in remaining flour.
* Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
* Punch dough down; turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead several times or until smooth and elastic.
* Roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness, and cut with a floured 2V2-inch doughnut cutter.
* Place doughnuts on a lightly floured surface.
* Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doughnuts are doubled in bulk.
* Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375°; drop in 4 or 5 doughnuts at a time.
* Cook 1 minute on each side or until golden.
* Drain on paper towels.
* Dip warm doughnuts in chocolate glaze; cool.