How To Prepare Dal Halwa
How To Prepare Dal Halwa:
1cup. Moong (yellow dal) dal
1/2 cup Milk
2 cups Water
8 nos. Almonds
4 nos. Cardamoms
1/2 tsp. Saffron
3/4 cup Mawa/khoya
1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
1. Wash and soak the dal overnight. Grind coarsely, using very little water.
2. Prepare one string sugar syrup with sugar and water.
3. Soak saffron in hot milk. Crumble mawa into fine granules.
4. Blanch almonds, cool and peel them and cut finely.
5. Heat Ghee (clarified butter) in a frying pan and add ground dal and fry till golden brown on a low heat and keep stirring.
6. Add the sugar syrup and saffron milk. Mix well and cook till halwa is of dropping consistency. Add mawa and cook till it dissolves.
7. Serve hot, garnished with crushed cardamoms and sliced almonds.